January 7, 2016

FPV in the cold cold snow

I managed to fly two batteries the other day while the kid was having a nap. Unfortunately it was -16°C and that has a major impact on battery life. I only got half the flight time I would expect and almost crashed when I pushed the throttle too hard and had a voltage drop. You can clearly see the voltage drop in the telemetry graph from that flight.

First flight I had the mobius in still image capture to try to get some nice winter photos. Second flight I was playing around in the snow. The snow was new and really cold and it would have been a great day to fly a helicopter and capture some turbulence in the snow. Instead I got some on board snow footage, which could have been great if the mobius hadn't gotten full of snow right away.




DSC_0412
Quad after racing in the snow


The quad looked quite terrifying after the flight, jammed full of snow. I blew it clean and haven't noticed any issues with the machine because of the snow so far.

No comments :

Post a Comment