October 28, 2015

Arduino garage door controller second version

I've put together the breadboard build of the garage door controller into a more compact form factor. I mounted the Arduino nano board on a small experimental PCB together with a voltage regulator. I'll be using an external voltage regulator as the internal does not supply enough power for the servo, I've seen this live when it was rebooting if the servo was moving too fast.




I tried to wrap everything in a heat shrink tube, but that failed kind of badly. I cut slots for the connectors to the switch, LEDs and servo in the heat shrink before shrinking it. Then during the shrinking process the heat shrink ripped open and parts of the pcb is still exposed. Remember that it will be installed into a doll-house that my children will be playing with and I prefer if it's a bit protected after all.

No comments :

Post a Comment