July 6, 2015

Got some flight time this weekend

Family life is consuming most of my time this summer but I managed to get some flight time this weekend. First real flight this season in fact. A massive 3 batteries got flown, two with the 250 Ghost and one with the Trifecta.

The ghost did its job well. It felt really nice to cruise around again. This time over beaches and through the woods.

The Trifecta flew very well. LOS it feels more heli-like than quads. That whippy tail and better aileron response is probably the cause. FPV did however not feel as good. I probably need to take down the PIDs a notch, oscillation are "felt" much better flying FPV.

I also got to try out the wireless trainer. It worked well. We used yaw, aileron and elevator only in trainer mode and the student learned quickly how to get around and keep control. One little detail about the R4FA-SB receiver is that it seems to switch back to normal mode when it is bound to a new transmitter.

Unfortunately the mobius I had brought with me had given up and I got no flight footage. A friend did take some stills and we'll see how they turn out eventually.

No comments :

Post a Comment