June 7, 2015

FASST wireless trainer "system"

I've always wanted a trainer/buddy box system to let others try FPV in a safe way. The cable is of course a possibility but when I finally got my hands on an old 7C I started thinking in the wireless option. Futaba has a product ( FUTM1010 ) retailing at a whooping 100$. Not really an option. I consider it overly expensive considering it is a simple FASST receiver with a cable.

And that is what I bought instead. I had noticed it before when realizing the R4FA-SB does not have the same feature set as the R6303SB. Instead of PWM output in the SBUS mode it has PPM, inverted PPM and RSSI. I didn't like it at the time but realized later what the inverted PPM is for, namely the trainer input on the futaba transmitter.


What you need:

The setup is very simple. Just set the receiver to special mode by pressing the mode button for 5 seconds and pressing again to confirm. The red LED should flash quickly. Bind the receiver to the trainer transmitter, in my case a 7C. Plug the cable into channel 1 on the receiver and into the trainer port of the master transmitter, in my case a 14SG. Done.

Add a piece of scotch tape and a piece of Velcro and the system is ready for use.

Wireless trainer system installed on the 14SG

Attention: The corona receiver might not work with EU region coded 14SG Firmware v.5 (as trainer) and the dragonlink cable cannot be used for this as the signal lead is wired to the output pin of the trainer port.

No comments :

Post a Comment