September 7, 2014

Fixes for the CopterX 450

I got a few spare parts today to fix the CopterX 450 after this summers aluminium failure and following emergency landing. I replaced the broken tail servo mount with a plastic stock Align one. Also, the landing gears broke when I took it down and I had a spare Align ones in the drawer. You can see the new servo mount and the new white landing skids in the picture.

Tail servo mount
Tail servo mount

While I was at it I installed a metal canopy holder. I have always dreamed of these when the ordinary servo rubber pops out or breaks.

Canopy holders
Canopy holders

You have to cut out a larger hole in the canopy and there is no going back. Pay close attention not to damage the threads when screwing them together. I tightened them unmounted first to press the outer o-ring together a little bit. This made it easier to make the threads grip while mounting them on the canopy.

Once in place, the work really well. Attaching and removing the canopy is much easier than before and it is still held firmly in place while mounted.



20140907_211510

No comments :

Post a Comment