February 2, 2014

Second Bixler aileron fix

My previous fix of the broken Bixler aileron was not so much of a success. Turns out the tape I was using is really sticky and sticks really well to anything, except itself. Hence, the temporary hinges formed by the tape disolved after a few days. But I got some hinges to try out in the mail the other day and now I fixed the aileron a second time.

I used a simple pinned hinge from HobbyKing. Its fairly small and I don't think it is meant to screwed on. I mounted it by cutting a fine slot in the foam, applying a drop of CA and pushing it into place. This makes for a almost hidden hinge and in seems to be working fine. I used three hinges to avoid flex in the center of the aileron.


No comments :

Post a Comment