January 20, 2014

Bixler repairs

Bixler fixSince i managed to hit a fence last time I was out flying I had to do some repairs on my Bixler. I'm usually not working with this kind of repairs and fixes since helicopters are my main interest and they always need special parts for repairs. I bet Bixler himself would not be proud of this.

I've simply taped up the broken aileron control surface with a white fiber enhanced tape. I also had to replace the old push rod with a simple bent piano wire since the clevis was broken. I had intended to use a helicopter ball link as replacement but the threading on the original push rod was too small and the ball link is much shorter than the broken clevis. So I just went with the simplest solution.

This will work fine. But once I get new clevises and hinges I'll fix this better.

No comments :

Post a Comment